Tuesday, August 30, 2011

# 2 Single Story 2011

 "Danger in a single story"

What does it mean to have a single story about a place or community?
Well it tells about a thing that you have experience.Most liking like what you have been told,seen and done.
In her story she tells about how she had misjudgments towards others.One day she moved in to college and her roommate was misjudging her. 



Describe a single story you have heard told about the your community.What is missing from that story ?How could people learn more about that community?
Well right now I am attending a school on the East side of Austin and most people (EVERYONE) thinks this part of Austin is juvenile.People always steal,fight,do drugs but they are totally wrong.That's one of the reasons the school is over here.We want to prove that we are much more than what they all think.Whats missing from this story? Well lots of things one is that we are not at all what they think we are.Learn more ? Well that's easy they can come experience what we are doing kind of like a single story.




Describe a single story you have heard about another community.How did you learn that story?How could you find out more about that community?


Ive heard that South Austin is the opposite of what they say about East Austin.They have Huge houses  and good education etc.I learned this story from friends and some from the news.I think i could find out more about his is I just visit this part of Austin.


How could a game let players experience many stories about a place or community?
I don't really think that a game could be used for this kind of issue but maybe you could by making a game about communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment